ARBAN, meaning Activity for Reformation of Basic Needs, is working since 2002 in north-western part of greater Mymensingh region of Bangladesh. It has primarily concentrated on Netrokona district, a location surrounded by both hills & wetlands, furnished with scenic natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. The population of the area has got a unique mix of ethnic Garo hill community and the local poor mass of the plain land. Considering the context, ARBAN has aimed to develop the community with motivation and skill so that they can find the ways to come out of the vicious circle of poverty and ensure sustainable livelihood. To achieve its objective, ARBAN specially emphasized on developing the skill of the local youth for effective use and utilization of IT devices in their day-to-day efforts. In short, ARBAN is contributing in the process of building a knowledge-based future society at the grassroots of Bangladesh. Please find an overview of ARBAN interventions:
WELCOME TO ARBAN
WHO WE ARE?
Equal Access to Information and Knowledge for all in a society without poverty.
Create meaningful impact in the marginalized lives by promoting innovative and sustainable solutions that reflect our values and satisfies our internal and external stakeholders.
To contribute in establishing a self-reliant, informed and knowledge-based society.
- To reduce triple illiteracy (general, information, ICT) in the community;
- To initiate creative and innovative ICT for Development (ICT4D) activities;
- To develop socio-economic models utilizing local resources, modern technologies and innovations;
- To assist potential entrepreneurs especially the youth and women through initiating entrepreneurial activities;
- To promote awareness programs for establishing socio-economic rights of deprived people; and
- To dignify ethnic community people and utilizing indigenous knowledge for preserving cultural heritage and balancing the ecosystem.
- E-Inclusion & Adaptation
- Effectiveness and Quality
- Innovation and Creativeness
- Productivity and Sustainability
- Unity, Equity and Social Justice
- Transparency and Accountability
OUR FOCUS AREAS
- Skill Development Training on ICTs
- E-Solutions (Web, APPs & Troubleshooting)
- Digital Service Delivery (Telecentre & Infolady)
- Info Worker
- ARBAN Academy
- Digital Classroom
- Primary and ECD
- ARBAN Agro (Vegetable Gardening, Rat Management, CSRL)
- ARBAN Health Care (Health & Nutrition Literacy, Water & Sanitation, Regular Health Camp, Referral Services)
- ARBAN CCDM (Climate Change, Disaster Management)
- Skill Development
- Micro Credit
- Mobile Banking
Sayed ArifuzzamanExecutive Director
Our team (5)
Preservation of Culture and Heritage
ARBAN preserves local indigenous heritage and culture. ARBAN believes in preservation of local tradition and culture and to use these in revitalizing the future generations. ARBAN’s interventions in IT sector helps it more work for sustainable cultural preservation by using digital technology.
All with the exception of write my essay for me cheap kyung hee university are located in the capital, proving that seoul really is a higher education hub
De website’s search tool is useful for finding programs paper writer to study in english in germany
To answer this question well, you need to have professional direction and you need to know which of wharton’s tremendous resources make it the perfect place for online essay writer the next stop on your professional journey